Friday, May 21, 2010

a look back at August 2009


Can you see that beast? Yes...thats some...kind...of....BUG! I believe Richard called it a June bug. All I know is that Maile loved it...held it...petted it...and would have shared her room with it if we would have let her. My daughter is definatly not timid! EGAD!















Maile loves making. I remember this evening well...I had heard cupboards opening and closing. There were dishes clanging and then a sweet small voice..."Mommy...I wanna make!" I walked into the kitchen to find the lovely spread you see here...Chili powder, Fartless bean kit, rolling pen, and a couple of bowls. How could I resist...after all the work she had just put into getting things ready. I checked the pantry and the only thing I could find (time permitting) was a box of chocolate pudding. She loved it (especially the big wisk...and the finished product) she was one proud little girl. I love her.





August of 2009 took us to Oso Flaco for a little nature walk. We had a great time! It was lovely to walk along the path...I think Maile walked almost the whole way! At the end of the walk we let Sawyer out of the backpack so that he could get in a little crawl time. We often forget about all the great walks and hikes there are around here...I wish we found a little more time in our busy lives to do this more often. What a great day it was!




No comments: